You must comply with these requirements if you sponsor medicines of a level of toxicity that would be harmful if accidentally ingested by children.
Responsibility for compliance of these requirements rests upon sponsors of medicines unless the packaging manufacturer is also the sponsor of the medicine.
These requirements do not apply to medicine that is:
- packaged in bulk for dispensing purposes only
- intended to be administered by injection
- individually wrapped powder
- homeopathic preparations
- not a final stage of manufacture
- intended for use in a hospital, nursing home or dental surgery.