You will be required to comply with this code if you are involved in the ionizing radiation exposures in medicine. Such exposures include:
- the exposure of patients as part of their medical diagnosis or treatment
- the exposure of individuals as part of health screening programs
- the exposure of individuals participating in research programs
- the exposure of individuals as part of medico-legal procedures
- the occupational exposure of individuals
- the exposure of cares
- the exposure of members of the public arising from medical radiation-producing equipment and radioactive sources.
The code sets out the minimum requirements to protect patients from harm from the use of ionizing radiation in medical applications.The code establishes the responsibilities of:
- the responsible person, who may be a natural or legal person, and bears ultimate responsibility
- the operator, who radiographs the client.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.