You will require this licence if you are a business that intends to copy or communicate third party copyright text and images including books, newspapers, magazines, journals or websites. This is a blanket licence that covers the use of both hard copy and digital material.
The licence will authorise you to copy and communicate text and images within certain limits, for example by:
- copying (hardcopy and digital)
- sharing copies within your organisation
- supplying copies for regulatory advice, legal proceedings and patent applications
- external sharing via extranet, website, social media and submissions / reports (Australian newspapers only)
- storing digital or maintaining archive copies.
Copyright Agency also provides secure pay-per-use licences for the reuse of articles from major Australian newspaper publishers. They can also support you to license artworks for a wide range of uses, including websites and online collections, merchandise, catalogues and exhibition brochures, annual reports, advertising and signage.
Copyright Agency centrally manages rights on behalf of content creators and rightsholders (such as authors and publishers) to assist in the collective administration of their copyrights.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.