You will be required to comply with this code if you broadcast commercial television programs.
The code applies to all television broadcasting licensees and covers:
- program, commercials, and program promotion classification
- advertising time on television
- special care protections to enable viewers to manage their own and children's viewing experience
- accuracy, fairness and privacy in news and current affairs
- disclosure of commercial arrangements in factual programming
- loudness of advertisements
- complaints handling
- Dislike, contempt, or ridicule on grounds of age, colour, gender, national or ethnic origin, disability, race, religion or sexual preference.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.