You will require one of these licences if you are operating as a community group who intends to provide non-profit community broadcasting services in the broadcasting services band and is involved in the transmission of television and radio programs to the public, not including the use of satellites.
Community broadcasting services are those that:
- provide programs that are intended to appeal to the public (e.g. entertainment, sports, news, etc)
- are provided for community purposes
- are not operated for profit or as part of a profit-making enterprise
- provide programs that can be received by commonly available equipment (e.g. television and radios)
- are made available free to the public.
Community broadcasters are subject to certain licence conditions, ranging from general conditions which apply to all broadcasting services to more specific conditions such as for offering print disability radio services. They are also subject to any relevant program standards and industry codes of practice in the provision of services.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.