You will be required to comply with requirements listed in consumer protection notices if you intend to import, wholesale or retail specified goods in Australia.
Goods that consumer protection notices apply to include:
- baby walkers
- children's products containing diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP)
- combustible candle holders
- inflatable toys, novelties and furniture containing beads
- novelty cigarettes or toy like novelty cigarette lighters
- pools and spas
- sky lanterns
- art sets containing knives and cutters
- teeth whitening products
- yo-yo water balls
- small high powered magnets
- miniature motorbikes
- babies dummies that include beads, crystals or similar ornaments in their design
- child restraint systems used in motor vehicles
- bean bags
- consumer goods containing synthetic drug substances.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.