You will be required to comply with this standard if you are an education or training provider. Education providers include:
- public and private primary and secondary schools
- post compulsory education and training authorities and providers (including private training providers, industry skills centres and Registered Training Organisations)
- higher education providers
- providers of adult and community education
- organisations or bodies involved in the development and accreditation of curricula, training packages or courses.
This standard sets out the minimum requirements and clarifies obligations regarding access, reasonable adjustments, enrolment, participation and curriculum design with the aim of ensuring that students with a disability have the same access to education as the rest of the community.