If you are an employer covered by the national workplace relations system, you will need to give each new employee a Fair Work Information Statement before, or as soon as possible after, the new staff member starts employment.
A Fair Work Information Statement provides basic information on national standards for employment matters and contains information about:
- the National Employment Standards (NES)
- the effect on an employee's NES entitlements when there is a transfer of business
- modern awards
- agreement making under Act
- individual flexibility arrangements
- the right to freedom of association
- termination of employment
- right of entry (including the protection of personal information by privacy laws)
- the role of related Government Agencies.