You will require this permit if you intend to act as a fish processor, wholesaler or retailer of fish sourced from particular Commonwealth fisheries.
The requirement for a permit varies according to the fishery. Currently, a fish receiver permit is required for fish received from the following fisheries:
- Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery
- Coral Sea Fishery
- Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery
- Southern Squid Fishery
- Southern and Eastern Scalefish and Shark Fishery
- Eastern Tuna and Billfish Fishery
- Western Tuna and Billfish Fishery
- Skipjack Tuna Fisheries
- Small Pelagic Fishery
- South Tasman Rise.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.