Foreign Fishing Boat Licence - Australian Government


You will require this licence if you operate a foreign registered fishing vessel and you intend to fish in Commonwealth controlled waters or within the Australian Fishing Zone.

This licence applies to the vessel only. The master of the vessel will be required to apply for a Foreign Master Fishing Licence.

The Australian Fishing Zone generally extends 200 nautical miles outward from the coast of Australia.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

The issue of this licence is usually negotiated on a Government to Government basis.

The vessel must be equipped with a type-approved Vessel Monitoring System and display the vessels international radio call-sign.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


12 months.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount
Apply Application All $1790.00


Task Business Structure Resources
Apply All GoFish (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Fisheries Management Act 1991 Australian Government

Regulation(s) name

Fisheries Management Regulations 1992 Australian Government

Additional information

Please note that all of the Agencies applications can be done through the GoFish Online Portal.

Administering agency

Australian Fisheries Management Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:


Australian Fisheries Management Authority

Mailing address: PO BOX 7051
Canberra BC, Australian Capital Territory 2610
Phone: 02 6225 5555
Phone: 1300 723 621
Fax: 02 6225 5500