You will require this approval if you intend to use fuel that does not meet the fuel quality standards.
Approval to vary the fuel quality standards or fuel quality information in respect of specified supplies of fuel may be granted in writing or in situations requiring emergency approval. This is known as an emergency approval.
An emergency approval may be granted where:
- a shortfall in the supply of a fuel will exist within two weeks
- the shortfall will have a serious impact on the interest of consumers or economic or regional development
- the shortfall will not reasonably be met by one or more persons (other than the applicant for approval)
- granting the approval will enable, or assist in
enabling, the shortfall to be met or mitigated
- the shortfall will exist because of exceptional