You will require this licence if you intend to explore in an area for potential greenhouse gas storage formations and potential greenhouse gas injection sites. A greenhouse gas storage title means one of the following approvals required for activities related to carbon dioxide capture and geological storage (CCS):
- greenhouse gas assessment permits
- greenhouse gas holding leases or special holding leases
- greenhouse gas injection licenses
- greenhouse gas search authorities
- greenhouse gas special authorities
- research consents.
Please note that a titles administration levy is imposed annually on the anniversary of the day you received your title.
Please consult with the Contact Officer for more information.