You must comply with these guidelines if you are the operator of a vessel that is:
- In an Australian port; or
- Entering or leaving an Australian port; or
- In the internal waters of Australia; or
- In the territorial sea of Australia, other than in the course of innocent passage.
The guidelines to be adhered to are:
- Guidelines for voyage planning;
- Guidelines for ships operating in polar waters;
- Participation of ships in weather routeing services;
- Participation in the WMO voluntary observing ships (VOS) scheme;
- Guidelines on voyage planning for passenger ships operating in remote areas; and
- Guidelines for ships operating in Arctic ice-covered waters.
These guidelines set out the minimum requirements for planning a safe navigational route.
Please consult the Agency Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.