You must comply with these guidelines if you are the operator of a vessel that is one or more of the following:
- in an Australian port
- entering or leaving an Australian port
- in the internal waters of Australia
- in the territorial sea of Australia, other than in the course of innocent passage.
The guidelines to be adhered to are:
- guidelines for voyage planning
- guidelines for ships operating in polar waters
- participation of ships in weather routeing services
- participation in the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) voluntary observing ships (VOS) scheme
- guidelines on voyage planning for passenger ships operating in remote areas
- guidelines for ships operating in Arctic ice-covered waters.
These guidelines set out the minimum requirements for planning a safe navigational route.
Please consult the Agency Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.