Different eligibility criteria apply depending on whether your airline is based in Australia or overseas. If you are an Australian based airline, to be eligible for this licence you must:
- Have an allocation of capacity from the International Air Services Commission (IASC);
- Be majority Australian owned and based in Australia;
- Have Australian citizens as at least two thirds of your board members in addition to the board chairperson; and
- Demonstrate an ability to comply with the requirements of any relevant international air services agreements between Australia and the country or countries to which you wish to fly.
If you are an international airline, to be eligible for this licence you must demonstrate that you are designated by your home country authority under the relevant international air services agreement between Australia and your home country, including any ownership restrictions.
All airlines must:
- Have an Air Operator's Certificate;
- Hold adequate insurance;
- Provide an approved Transport Security Program for the proposed services;
- Submit the required form; and
- Pay any required fees.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.