You will require this licence if you intend to reproduce music. This includes physical reproductions (such as CD or vinyl records), reproducing sheet music, or creating MP3 / audio file copies. This licence allows you to reproduce music for:
- incorporating music into videos for domestic purposes (such as wedding films or the like)
- record labels and distributors
- retail sale
- selling at performances
- demo or audition submissions
- background music
- DJ performance
- music videos
- audio recordings
- karaoke recordings
- reproducing Christmas carol music and sheet music
- educational purposes to provide to students for free if the school does not have an existing APRA AMCOS licence.
A licence legally authorises the public performance of copyrighted music from within the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) inventory of registered artists/songs.
Please note that there are different licensing regimes in Australia regarding the reproduction and playing of music and music videos that are protected by copyright.
This licence covers the composition only. Please note that depending on the nature of your activities you may also be required to hold a licence with the PPCA or ARIA. It is recommended that you discuss your licensing needs with all three Agencies prior to applying.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.