You will require this licence if you intend to reproduce music. This includes physical reproductions (such as CD or vinyl records), reproducing sheet music, or creating digital copies. This licence allows you to reproduce music for:
- incorporating music into videos for domestic purposes (such as wedding films or the like)
- record labels and distributors
- retail sale
- selling at performances
- demo or audition submissions
- background music
- DJ performance
- music videos
- audio recordings
- karaoke recordings
- reproducing Christmas carol music and sheet music
- educational purposes to provide to students for free if the school does not have an existing APRA AMCOS licence.
A licence legally authorises the public performance of copyrighted music from within the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) inventory of registered artists / songs.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.