You will require this licence if you intend to reproduce music. This includes physical reproductions (such as CD or vinyl records), reproducing sheet music, or creating MP3 / audio file copies. This licence allows you to reproduce music for:
- incorporating music into videos for domestic purposes (such as wedding films or the like)
- record labels and distributors
- retail sale
- selling at performances
- demo or audition submissions
- background music
- DJ performance
- music videos
- audio recordings
- karaoke recordings
- reproducing Christmas carol music and sheet music
- educational purposes to provide to students for free if the school does not have an existing APRA AMCOS licence.
A licence legally authorises the public performance of copyrighted music from within the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) inventory of registered artists / songs.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.