You must comply with this code if you operate a regulated Australian vessel or if you operate a foreign vessel that is:
- in an Australian port
- entering or leaving an Australian port
- in the internal waters of Australia
- in the territorial sea of Australia, other than in the course of innocent passage.
The code sets out requirements relating to:
- stowage, fitting and equipment of life rafts
- certification and fitting of lifeboats
- new requirements for fast rescue boats
- requirements for lifeboat and rescue boat launching appliances
- carrying capacity of free-fall lifeboats
- changes in the average weight of persons to be used for the design and equipment of life-saving appliances
- extensive new requirements for life jackets, including the introduction of infant and child life jackets
- extensive associated changes to testing requirements for life-saving appliances, including the introduction of reference test devices.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.