You must comply with this Code if you are the operator of a Regulated Australian Vessel, or if you are the operator of a foreign vessel that is;
- In an Australian port; or
- Entering or leaving an Australian port; or
- In the internal waters of Australia; or
- In the territorial sea of Australia, other than in the course of innocent passage.
The code sets out requirements relating to:
- Stowage, fitting and equipment of liferafts;
- Certification and fitting of lifeboats;
- New requirements for fast rescue boats;
- Requirements for lifeboat and rescue boat launching appliances;
- Carrying capacity of free-fall lifeboats;
- Changes in the average weight of persons to be used for the design and equipment of life-saving appliances;
- Extensive new requirements for lifejackets, including the introduction of infant and child lifejackets; and
- Extensive associated changes to testing requirements for life-saving appliances, including the introduction of reference test devices.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.