You must comply with this mandatory standard if you:
- manufacture cosmetic products in Australia for Australian use
- import cosmetic products into Australia.
This mandatory standard prescribes the requirements for the labelling of cosmetic products. Cosmetic products are substances or preparations intended for placement in contact with any external part of the body, including the mouth and teeth, for the purpose of:
- altering the odours of the body
- changing the appearance of the body
- cleansing the body
- maintaining the body in good condition
- perfuming the body
- protecting the body.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.