You are required to comply with the following regulations if you are a regulated Australian vessel or a foreign vessel making port within Australia. The regulations set out broad objectives, key certification requirements, compliance, and enforcement powers.
The marine orders contain detailed technical requirements and cover a wide range of matters, including:
- vessel survey, construction, equipment, and design
- vessel operations and crewing
- navigational safety
- cargo operations
- coastal pilotage
- crew working and living conditions
- international shipping register requirements
- prevention of pollution, including control of harmful anti-fouling systems.
The marine orders also put international and national maritime standards into effect.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.