Minor Use and Emergency Permit for Agricultural or Veterinary Chemicals - Australian Government


You will need this permit if you intend to use agricultural or veterinary chemical products in a way that would otherwise be illegal or restricted.

This permit may be issued for the following reasons:

  • a minor use, such as the use of an unregistered chemical on a speciality crop grown or on an animal raised by only a few producers on a small scale
  • use the chemical product at a rate higher than the maximum rate on the label for that use
  • use the chemical product more frequently than the use intervals specified on the label for that use
  • use the chemical product contrary to a specific restraint statement on the product label (e.g. Do NOT apply by air)
  • an emergency use, such as the use of an unregistered product to control a contagious disease for which no registered product exists
  • research purposes.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Application process


Please lodge your completed application with the Agency.

Additional information

If your minor use or emergency permit requires the importation of an unregistered product or unapproved active constituent, you will require a separate consent to import certificate.

Administering agency

Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority

Registration Management and Enquiries

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.