You will need this permit if you intend to use agricultural or veterinary chemical products in a way that would otherwise be illegal or restricted.
This permit may be issued for the following reasons:
- a minor use, such as the use of an unregistered chemical on a speciality crop grown or on an animal raised by only a few producers on a small scale
- use the chemical product at a rate higher than the maximum rate on the label for that use
- use the chemical product more frequently than the use intervals specified on the label for that use
- use the chemical product contrary to a specific restraint statement on the product label (e.g. Do NOT apply by air)
- an emergency use, such as the use of an unregistered product to control a contagious disease for which no registered product exists
- research purposes.