You will need to comply with this code if you are a licensed plumber and you intend to design, undertake or maintain plumbing and drainage installations.
The code is Volume 3 of the National Construction Code, also known as the Plumbing Code of Australia. It contains the technical provisions for the design, construction, installation, replacement, repair, alteration and maintenance of:
- water services
- sanitary plumbing and drainage systems
- stormwater drainage systems
- heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- on-site wastewater management systems
- on-site liquid trade waste management systems.
The code also spells out in the Governing Requirements, the product certification (WaterMark) and authorisation requirements for plumbing and drainage materials and products so that they may be installed in a plumbing or drainage installation.