You will be required to comply with these National Employment Standards (NES) if you are an employer. The NES are ten minimum standards of employment entitlements for employees covered by the national workplace relations system.
The ten standards in summary are:
- maximum weekly hours of work
- requests for flexible working arrangements
- parental leave and related entitlements
- annual leave
- personal / carers leave and compassionate leave
- community service leave
- long service leave
- public holidays
- notice of termination and redundancy pay
- provision of a Fair Work Information Statement.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.