You will be required to comply with these National Employment Standards (NES) if you are an employer. The NES are ten minimum standards of employment entitlements for employees covered by the national workplace relations system.
The ten standards relate to:
- maximum weekly hours of work
- requests for flexible working arrangements
- parental leave and related entitlements
- annual leave
- personal / carers leave, compassionate leave, and family and domestic violence leave
- community service leave
- long service leave
- public holidays
- notice of termination and redundancy pay
- provision of a Fair Work Information Statement.