You will be required to comply with this code if you intend to work with planned exposure and the control of occupational exposure, public exposure and environmental exposure. The purpose of this code is to set out the requirements for the protection from harmful effects of ionising radiation in planned exposure situations.
The requirements contained in this code apply to:
- the production, supply and transport of radioactive material and of devices that contain radioactive material, including sealed and unsealed sources
- the production, testing and supply of devices that generate radiation
- any activities within the nuclear fuel cycle that involve or could involve exposure to radiation or radioactive material
- the use of radiation or radioactive material for medical, industrial, veterinary, agricultural, legal or security purposes
- the use of radiation or radioactive material for education or research
- mining and processing of raw materials that involve exposure due to radioactive materials
- any other practices as specified by the Agency.
This code does not apply to existing,emergency or medical exposure situations.
This code should be read collectively with the Guide for Radiation Protection in Existing Exposure Situations (2017) and Fundamentals for Protection Against Ionising Radiation (2014) as they further explain radiation protection, safety and security.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.