You will be required to comply with this code if you intend to sell, supply or purchase declared petroleum products.
Declared petroleum products include:
- unleaded petrol
- products consisting of a blend of unleaded petrol and ethanol
- products consisting of a blend of unleaded petrol and one or more biofuels other than ethanol
- premium unleaded petrol (other than premium unleaded petrol proprietary product)
- diesel fuel other than a diesel proprietary product.
The Oil Code regulates the conduct of the suppliers, distributors and retailers in the petroleum marketing industry. The code provides:
- standard contractual terms and conditions for re-selling agreements between wholesale suppliers and retailers
- a national approach to terminal gate pricing arrangements
- a low-cost, alternative dispute resolution scheme.