You will need accreditation if you intend to operate a drone or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) for business or as part of your job. This may include activities such as:
- selling photos or videos taken from a drone
- inspecting industrial equipment, construction sites or infrastructure
- monitoring, surveillance or security services
- research and development
- any drone activities on behalf of your employer or business.
Only operators that fly an excluded category or micro RPA will need this accreditation. There are two types of excluded category RPA:
- very small RPA that weigh more than 250g but no more than 2kg
- small RPA that weigh more than 2kg but no more than 25kg, where it is only flown over the operator's land
A micro RPA is a drone that weighs 250g or less.