Permit to Transport Associated Items - Australian Government


You will require this permit if you intend to transport large quantities (tonnes) of heavy water or nuclear grade graphite for nuclear purposes. This permit allows you to transport the material or item from a location specified in the permit to another location specified in the permit.

Please note, the transport of nuclear material such as uranium requires a separate permit.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.



As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Nuclear Non-Proliferation (Safeguards) Act 1987 Australian Government

Regulation(s) name

Nuclear Non-Proliferation (Safeguards) Regulations 1987 Australian Government

Administering agency

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Australian Safeguards and Non-Proliferation Office

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.