You may need one of these permits if you would like to undertake certain activities in Australian Government parks, gardens or reserves. Proposed activities must be consistent with the Management Plan for the park or reserve in which the activity is to be conducted.
Activities include commercial tours, commercial filming and photography, camping, bushwalking, scientific research, special events and other similar activities.
These permits may be required in the following parks:
- Kakadu National Park
- Christmas Island National Park
- Norfolk Island National Park
- Booderee National Park
- Pulu Keeling National Park
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Australian National Botanic Gardens
- other locations determined by the Agency.
Please see the attached document for the listing of marine reserves.
As there may be significant restrictions attached to a permit.