You will require this licence if you intend to offer pilot services to vessels. Pilot services contribute to the safety of ships by providing navigation in sensitive sea areas around Australia.
Vessels that require pilot services are:
- 70 metres or greater in length
- loaded oil tankers
- loaded chemical carriers
- loaded liquefied gas carriers
- vessels operating in the Great North East Channel pilotage area
- vessels operating in the Hydrographers Passage pilotage area
- vessels operating in the inner route pilotage area
- vessels operating in the Whitsundays compulsory pilotage area.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.