You will require this authorisation if you intend to acquire, store or dispose of a fluorocarbon refrigerant.
Fluorocarbon refrigerants are:
- CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons)
- HCFCs (Hydrochlorofluorocarbons)
- HFCs (Hydrofluorocarbons)
- PFCs (Perfluorocarbons).
There are three types of Refrigerant Trading Authorisations (RTAs) that are available:
- authorisation to acquire, store and / or dispose of fluorocarbon refrigerants (wholesalers, refrigeration and air conditioning (RAC) industry businesses and automotive businesses)
- authorisation to acquire fluorocarbon refrigerant for use in the manufacture of RAC equipment
- restricted refrigerant trading authorisation to recover, store or dispose of refrigerant from RAC equipment (metal recyclers, auto parts recyclers and waste management businesses).