To be eligible for this registration you must:
- have the prescribed academic qualifications and have completed a prescribed course in auditing or have other qualifications and experience that ASIC considers equivalent to both these requirements
- meet approved competency standards and / or have practical experience in auditing
- provide proof of sufficient indemnity insurance
- be capable of performing the duties of an auditor
- be a fit and proper person to be registered as an auditor.
Practical experience is work in auditing under the direction of a registered company auditor for a period of either:
- at least 3000 hours (4 months) during the five years before submitting your application, including appraising the operations of companies and forming opinions on auditing standards and independence requirements
- at least 750 hours 1 (month) spent supervising audits of companies
- practical experience that in the opinion of the ASIC is equivalent to that practical supervisory experience.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.