Registered Immunisation Provider - Australian Government


You will need this registration if you intend to provide childhood immunisation and vaccination services and are not a licensed Medical Practitioner. When a vaccination is given to a child, details must be sent to Medicare Australia to be included on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR).

If you are a licensed Medical Practitioner you will only need to provide your Medicare provider number for the location where the vaccinations will be performed when sending information to the ACIR.

Community Health Clinics and other immunisation providers will be required to apply for authorisation from their State or Territory Health Department before they can provide immunisation services.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

If you are not a general practitioner, you need to complete the ACIR Application to Register as a Vaccination Provider form and send it to your state or territory health department for approval. When ACIR receives the approved form, a unique ACIR registration number is allocated to identify you as a vaccination provider.




Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Act(s) name

Health Insurance Act 1973 Australian Government

Regulation(s) name

Health Insurance Regulations 2018 Australian Government

Administering agency

Department of Health and Aged Care

Office of Health Protection


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.