Registrable Superannuation Entity (RSE) Registration - Australian Government


You must apply for this registration if you intend to operate a registerable superannuation entity (RSE). Only licensed trustees may apply for this registration. There are different classes of RSE's which require registration:

  • APRA-regulated superannuation funds
  • small APRA funds (SAFs)
  • approved deposit funds (ADFs)
  • pooled superannuation trusts (PSTs).

The classes of licence that you have may dictate the class of registration that you are allowed.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

No fees are required.


Other resources

Act(s) name

Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 Australian Government

Regulation(s) name

Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Regulations 1994 Australian Government

Application process


Lodge this registration with Australian Prudential Regulation Authority in your nearest capital city.

Administering agency

Australian Prudential Regulation Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.