An application for registration can only be made by the owner of the design. To be eligible for registration, a design must, at the very least:
- be new, original or distinctive when compared with prior art base for the design
- have an industrial application.
- include information that indicates that what is filed is intended to be a design application
- identify the applicant and contain relevant contact details
- include a representation, or information that appears to be a representation, of each design.
Due to the requirements for registration, it is suggested that you seek assistance from a registered Patent Attorney.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.