Registration of Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals - Australian Government


You will need this registration if you are a chemical producer and you intend to develop new agricultural and veterinary chemical products. Registration is required for each new product you produce.

Registration is required for all veterinary and agricultural chemical products that will be listed for sale in Australia, including:

  • pesticides
  • herbicides
  • hormonal growth promotants
  • drenches and veterinary or animal companion or therapeutic chemical products such as veterinary vaccines proposed for sale in Australia.

Additional approval is required for product labels and for products that have a new brand name.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.


1 year


Renewal is required from 30 May each year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Fees are listed on the attached document.


Application process


Due to the complicated nature of this registration, it is recommended you contact the agency directly for information on application requirements and processes.

Administering agency

Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority

Registration Management and Enquiries

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.