Registration of Working Holiday Maker Employment - Australian Government


If you employ or plan to employ working holiday makers with either a visa subclass 417 or 462, you must register as an employer of working holiday makers before making the first payment to them.

Please note that to register as an employer of working holiday makers you must first be registered for PAYG withholding and that you should check visa status of the worker using Visa Entitlement Verification Online Service.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To apply for this registration, you must:

  • provide your ABN / Withholding Payer Number
  • be registered for Pay As You Go Withholding (PAYG withholding)
  • submit the required forms.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

No fees are required. 

Act(s) name

Income Tax Rates Act 1986 Australian Government

Administering agency

Australian Taxation Office

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.