Registration on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) - Australian Government


You will require this registration if you intend to operate as an education or training provider that will offer courses to foreign students studying in Australia on student visas. Once you have registration you can offer courses to overseas students who have an Australian student visa.

You must be a registered higher education provider to apply for this registration.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this registration you must:

  • undergo a risk assessment
  • demonstrate the capacity to provide education of a satisfactory standard, including by having an appropriate business model and access to adequate financial resources
  • be certified as a fit and proper person
  • demonstrate compliance with the national code of practice for registration authorities and providers of education and training to overseas students.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility criteria.


Up to 7 years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees are listed on the attached document.

Act(s) name

Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 Australian Government

Regulation(s) name

Education Providers Registration (Overseas Students) Regulations 2001 Australian Government

Administering agency

Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

General Enquiries

Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency

Mailing address: TEQSA GPO Box 1672
Victoria 3001
Phone: 1300 739 585
Fax: 1300 739 586
Contact us website: Contact us Form (Opens in new window)