Registration to Sell Hormonal Growth Promotants - Australian Government


You will need to register and receive a notification number if you intend to sell or supply hormonal growth promotants (HGP) that are intended for use on animals.

HGP treated beef and beef products are not permitted for export to European nations and the National HGP monitoring control system helps to provide this assurance.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this registration you must:

  • ensure the HGPs are a registered veterinary chemical product
  • provide notice declaring your intention to supply a hormonal growth promotant
  • specify each premises from which you intend to supply the promotant.


One year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.

Application process


Please lodge your completed application with supporting documentation and fee payment with the Agency.

Administering agency

Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority

Registration Management and Enquiries

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.