You may need to comply with these conditions if you intend to operate a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) for commercial or recreational purposes.
When operating RPA you must:
- only fly during the day and keep your RPA within visual line-of-sight (with your own eyes and not through first-person-view)
- only fly one RPA at a time
- keep your RPA at least 30 metres away from vehicles, boats, buildings or people
- keep your RPA at least 5.5 kilometres away from controlled aerodromes
- not operate your RPA in a way that creates a hazard to another aircraft, person or property
- not fly your RPA higher than 120 metres (i.e. 400 feet) above ground level
- not fly your RPA over any populous areas such as beaches, parks and sporting ovals
- not fly your RPA over or near an area affecting public safety or where emergency operations are underway (without prior approval).
You will need to be issued a Remotely Piloted Aircraft Operator's Certificate if you intend to operate outside the above conditions.