You may need to comply with these conditions if you intend to operate a remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) for commercial or recreational purposes.
When operating RPA you must:
- not operate your RPA in a way that creates a hazard to another aircraft, person or property
- only fly during the day
and keep your RPA within visual line-of-sight (with your own eyes and not through first-person-view)
- not fly your RPA higher than 120 metres (400ft) above ground level
- keep your RPA at least 30
metres away from vehicles, boats, buildings or people
- keep your RPA at least 5.5km away from controlled aerodromes
- not fly your RPA over any populous areas such as beaches, parks and sporting ovals
- not fly your RPA over or near an area affecting public safety or where emergency operations are underway (without prior approval)
- only fly one RPA at a time.
You will need to be issued a Remotely Piloted Operator's Certificate if you want to operate outside of the above conditions.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.