Research Permit for Agricultural and Veterinary Products - Australian Government


You will need this permit if you intend to conduct research trials with either unregistered or registered agricultural and veterinary chemical products for the purpose of:

  • obtaining the necessary data to register the product
  • obtaining more information about a product and how it may be applied.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit you must satisfy the agency that the research is technical work or of an investigative nature.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached fee resource.


Application process


Please lodge your completed application with the agency.

Administering agency

Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority

Registration Management and Enquiries

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.