For your application to be accepted, the research must be deemed technical work or of an investigative nature by the Department.
Research or investigations accepted by the Department includes:
- screening of potential new active constituents or products
- generating data required by the Department for registration or approval
- testing a particular set of label instructions, new packaging or application technology
- undertaking a scientific study where the use of an active constituent or product is crucial to the conduct of the experiment
- other work determined by the Department to be genuine research.
Market testing and supply and use of an unregistered product to gain early market access is not considered to be research.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information regarding eligibility requirements.