Screenrights Licence - Australian Government


You will need a licence if you are an educational institution, and you intend to copy or communicate copyright material for educational purposes. A Screenrights licence permits you to use TV and radio as an educational resource. Licences apply to:

  • public schools and universities
  • Catholic schools and universities
  • independent schools
  • TAFEs.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, you must:

  • provide your ABN / ACN
  • provide evidence of being an educational provider or communications institution
  • submit the required forms
  • pay any prescribed fees.


Until terminated


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees are listed on the application form.

Act(s) name

Copyright Act 1968 Australian Government

Regulation(s) name

Copyright Regulations 2017 Australian Government

Administering agency


Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.