You will need to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture modify or supply customer equipment designed, or intended, for connection to a telecommunications network. This standard only applies to customer equipment that is:
- designed or intended for use in connection with a public mobile telecommunications service and / or a satellite service
- an addressable device.
An addressable device means a device that enables a carriage service provider to identify the device when used for two-way communications on a public mobile telecommunications service or a satellite service supplied by the carriage service provider.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect the:
- integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility
- health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- can be used to give access to an emergency call service
- is interoperable with a telecommunications network.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be needed.