You will be required to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture modify or supply customer access equipment designed, or intended, for connection to a telecommunications network. Customer access equipment is customer equipment:
- designed with multiple local or network ports that provide access to a telecommunications network
- capable of switching, storage, processing conversion, integration, line isolation / coupling or multiplexing of analogue or digital voice equivalent communication.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect the:
- integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility
- health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- can be used to give access to an emergency call service
- is interoperable with a telecommunications network.