You will be required to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture modify or supply customer access equipment designed, or intended, for connection to a telecommunications network. Customer access equipment is customer equipment:
- Designed with multiple local or network ports that provide access to a telecommunications network;
- Capable of switching, storage, processing conversion, integration, line isolation / coupling or multiplexing of analogue or digital voice equivalent communication.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect:
- The integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility; and
- The health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- Can be used to give access to an emergency call service; and
- Is interoperable with a telecommunications network.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) required.