You will be required to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture modify or supply customer cabling products designed, or intended, for connection to a telecommunications network.
A customer cabling product means a passive device which is used on the customer side of the boundary of a telecommunications network. It does not include a:
- cabling product for the distribution of mains supply
- product intended for telecommunications earthing systems or power distribution
- surge suppression device.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect the:
- integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility
- health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- can be used to give access to an emergency call service
- is interoperable with a telecommunications network.