You will be required to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture modify or supply customer cabling products designed, or intended, for connection to a telecommunications network.
A customer cabling product means a passive device which is used on the customer side of the boundary of a telecommunications network. It does not include:
- A cabling product for the distribution of mains supply;
- A product intended for telecommunications earthing systems or power distribution; or
- A surge suppression device.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect:
- The integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility; and
- The health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- Can be used to give access to an emergency call service; and
- Is interoperable with a telecommunications network.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) required.