You will be required to comply with this technical standard if you intend to manufacture, supply or modify customer equipment designed or intended for connection to a telecommunications network that has a hierarchical digital interface at:
- 2,048 kilobits per second
- 8,448 kilobits per second
- 34,368 kilobits per second
- 139,264 kilobits per second.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect the:
- integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility
- health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- can be used to give access to an emergency call service
- is interoperable with a telecommunications network.