You are required to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture, supply or modify individual stand-alone surge protective devices that is designed or intended to be:
- Used to suppress the effect of transient overvoltage; and
- Connected between telecommunications conductors or between a telecommunication conductor and the protective earth system.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect:
- The integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility; and
- The health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- Can be used to give access to an emergency call service; and
- Is interoperable with a telecommunications network.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) required.