You are required to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture, supply or modify individual stand-alone surge protective devices that are designed or intended to be:
- used to suppress the effect of transient overvoltage
- connected between telecommunications conductors or between a telecommunication conductor and the protective earth system.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect the:
- integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility
- health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- can be used to give access to an emergency call service
- is interoperable with a telecommunications network.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be needed.