You will be required to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture, supply or modify customer telecommunications equipment that is designed or intended:
- To transmit and / or receive voice frequency signals for voice communication, including Voice messages and tones by direct or direct electrical or electro acoustic means; and
- For connection to a telecommunications network.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect:
- The integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility; and
- The health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- Can be used to give access to an emergency call service; and
- Is interoperable with a telecommunications network.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) required.