You will be required to comply with this technical standard if you manufacture, supply or modify customer telecommunications equipment that is designed or intended to:
- transmit and / or receive voice frequency signals for voice communication, including Voice messages and tones by direct or direct electrical or electro-acoustic means
- connection to a telecommunications network.
The purpose of this technical standard is to help protect the:
- integrity of a telecommunications network or a facility
- health and safety of people who operate, work on, use or may be affected by the operation of a telecommunications network or facility.
It is also intended to ensure that customer equipment:
- can be used to give access to an emergency call service
- is interoperable with a telecommunications network.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.