Tiwi Land Council Permits - Australian Government


You will require a permit if you intend to undertake certain activities on the Tiwi Islands. Tiwi land extends to the water and resources within the mouth of the streams, creeks and estuaries.

The following permits are available:

  • Visitor Permits
  • Media Permit
  • Work Permits
  • Research Permit
  • Non-Tiwi Resident Permit
  • Recreational Fisher Camping Permit
  • Hunting Permit
  • Fishing Permit

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees will vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Act(s) name

Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976 Australian Government

Administering agency

Tiwi Land Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Land Council Operational

Tiwi Land Council

Operating address: 116 Reichardt Road
Winnellie, Northern Territory 0820
Phone: 08 8970 9373

Supporting information