You will require this licence if you intend to operate a servicing business in Australia that employs individuals as verifiers of trade measurement equipment.
Verifiers service, repair, test or confirm the integrity or correctness of measuring equipment used for trade purposes. The classes of servicing licences available relate to:
- Length measuring instruments;
- Area measuring instruments;
- Measures of volume;
- Liquid measuring instruments;
- Weighing instruments;
- Farm milk tanks;
- Vehicle tanks;
- LPG dispensers;
- Natural gas dispensers;
- Multi-dimensional measuring instruments;
- Utility meters;
- Quality measuring instruments;
- Evidential breath analysis; and
- Density hydrometers.
There are also supplementary servicing licences relating to control systems for weighbridges, liquid measuring systems, and point of sale systems.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.