The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) is the national authority for translators and interpreters in Australia. They are responsible for certification and providing national standards.
NAATI is the only body to issue certification to practitioners in this profession. Many employers and service providers expect practitioners to have certification, and it allows practitioners to quickly and easily demonstrate their ability.
Certification tests include:
- Recognised Practising
- Certified Translator
- Certified Provisional Interpreter
- Certified Provisional AUSLAN Interpreter
- Certified Provisional Deaf Interpreter
- Certified Provisional Interpreter - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Languages
- Certified Interpreter
- Certified AUSLAN Interpreter
- Certified Specialist Health Interpreter
- Certified Specialist Legal Interpreter
- AUSLAN Certified Specialist Health Interpreter
- AUSLAN Certified Specialist Legal Interpreter
- Certified Conference Interpreter.