To qualify as medical research, your project must:
- involve the diagnosis and / or treatment and / or prevention of disease
- be relevant to public health and safety
- relate to the provision, funding and monitoring of health services.
In addition, medical research projects must:
- be approved by a Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC)
- adhere to the NHMRC Guidelines.
Your application will be rejected if there is a risk that your medical research will breach elector security and privacy, is politically biased or has the potential to discourage electoral participation.