In the assessment of your application, the following will be taken into account:
- the nature and extent of your business activities in relation to both imports and locally produced goods
- your previous experience as an importer and / or manufacturer
- if currently importing, whether goods are entered for home consumption direct or are warehoused first
- if goods are warehoused, in which warehouse are the goods stored
- your previous warehousing experience in control of a warehouse and your knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to the operation of a licensed warehouse and the control of under bond goods.
You will need to meet the requirements set out in State and Commonwealth legislation.
A decision as to whether or not to grant the licence will be made within 60 days after receiving the application.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.